We’ve scheduled the following workshops for Glendale (CA) area educators. The workshops are FREE and participants receive curriculum and materials for their classroom or school/organization. Solar Schoolhouse Glendale is sponsored by Glendale Water and Power.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-829-3154 with any questions.
Feb 3rd 2018. Solar Cell Explorations
Location: Lincoln Elementary School, 4310 New York Avenue. La Crescenta, CA
Dates: Saturday Feb. 3rd, 2018 Time: 8:30am-3pm
Cost: FREE, for Glendale Area Educators, grade levels 3-12
Contact: email@example.com or 707-829-3154
Instructor(s): Tor Allen, Founder of The Rahus Institute/Solar Schoolhouse
The workshop is FREE but RSVP is required. Please follow this link, or scroll to the bottom of this page, to register.
What: In this workshop.
– share strategies for exploring the magic of solar electricity in your classroom.
– conduct various solar explorations using small solar cells.
– Learn basic electrical circuits.
– Apply knowledge toward creating a project, the Solar Carnival.
– design and build a portable solar fountain sculpture.
– Design and build a model Solar Carnival Ride.
– Conduct an experiment with Mini Solar fountain that works in rain or shine!
-Activities and lessons are NGSS aligned
What you’ll receive:
Solar Cell Classroom Set
Solar Fountain Sculpture Set +PV Module
A set of Mini DC fountain pumps, for use in mini Solar Fountain Activity, and/or Solar Carnival water rides.
Your Solar Home Curriculum Guide + DVD.
Solar Posters: Your Solar Home and Photosynthesis & Photovoltaics
Since 2000, the Solar Schoolhouse Program has hosted over 1000 educators in professional development workshops, providing curriculum and project materials for exploring solar energy in a k12 setting.
Solar Schoolhouse Glendale is a Public Benefit Program of Glendale Water and Power.